Recently I presented “Achieving Work-Life Balance” to introduce the fall season of the Sheboygan County Chamber’s Focal Point series. The focus was on the following 5 principles of balance:
- Values–From your core values to those day to day, living your values drives how you spend your time, your life.
- Self-care–Personal needs like physical, emotional, and social needs are part of good balance.
- Time Management–Good time management is a reflection of what you value in life.
- Fulfillment–Getting the important things done isn’t enough. Work-life balance means you are happy and fulfilled.
- Movement–Balance is fluid. Balance needs attention and adjustments.
Business leaders, see this article about leading the way to Work-Life Balance in your organization. You can also contact Yurk Counseling Services for information about our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).