Being able to identify what you are feeling, how often and the intensity of them is the first step toward managing your emotions, thoughts and behaviors. It is helpful to pay attention to what activates your feelings so you can do more of what makes you feel better and less of what causes you distress.
I created a worksheet to help you identify your feelings and what influenced them as well as a list of feelings. Investigate those feelings further and look for patterns. Ask yourself questions such as:
- How intense are my feelings?
- Does the intensity change during the day?
- Are they more intense in the morning or at night?
- Which feelings do I need to learn to manage?
- What situations can I control?
- Can I do something differently?
- What else do I notice?
This activity teaches kids emotional regulation. It also helps kids, teens and adults learn coping skills. If you want to learn more about managing your emotions or coping skills, please contact me to schedule an appointment. I currently offer teletherapy by phone or videochat.
Worksheets: IdentifyYourFeelings ListOfFeelings
Love yourself, you deserve it!