Our therapists are still offering telehealth options during the current pandemic. (Some therapists also offer face to face sessions under certain circumstances.)
For those of you using our telehealth services already, or who have scheduled your first appointment, here are some tips for your teletherapy experience at YCS:
- Privacy—Make sure that you’re in a private place. Remember that others are not allowed to be present or listening.
- Quiet—Eliminate or minimize background noise, interruptions, and distractions.
- Device—A computer/laptop is preferred, though a mobile phone or tablet will also work.
- Connection—Be sure to have a strong internet connection. Close out all other programs, apps, and installations on your device for the best connection. It is also best if others sharing your network are not online using audio or video.
- Browser—For the doxy.me video chat platform used by YCS, the recommended browser is Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Whichever you use, make sure it is the most up-to-date version.
- Audio—Turn on your microphone. Using headphones or earbuds (wired are better) provides better sound (and more privacy). Those with a background noise-cancelling feature are the best option.
- Video—Turn on your camera. Drag your platform window close to your camera, and center it so it doesn’t appear you are looking elsewhere. Adjust lighting to minimize glare and enhance visibility.