Conversations in my office are often about anxiety and depression, but lately I have had more people wanting to talk about their purpose. Feeling unhappy or unfulfilled, they want to know how to figure out this big and difficulty question: what is my purpose in life?
Identifying your strengths can point you in the right direction to finding your passion and purpose. Creating a vision board can help you get clarity on your dreams. What would your vision board look like?
Pull out some paper and a pen- this requires some writing on your part. Take some time for self reflection/exploration to answer these questions:
- If you could do anything without worrying about money, or fearing what people would think, what would you do?
- What did you enjoy doing as a child?
- What career paths did you consider taking, but chose not for whatever reason?
- What are your strengths? Make a list
- How can you use these strengths to improve the world around you/help others?
- What have people told you that you’re good at?
- What comes easy to you?
- What do you feel naturally good at?
- What makes you happy in life? Make a list
- What could you talk about for hours on end, and not even notice how much time has passed by?
- How have you helped others around you?
- What do you desire most in life?
- What do you find yourself focusing on during journaling/meditating/praying/etc.?
- If you had one wish in life, what would you wish for?
- What inspires/motivates you?
- What sets your soul on fire?
- What would you do with your life if you knew you would be successful?
- Who do you admire? What about their life do you admire? How can you make that a reality in your own life?
- What does your perfect “day in the life” look like? How would you want to spend your time
- What’s one topic that you’d love to learn more about?
- What’s one hobby/activity that you’ve been wanting to try?
- How can you utilize either one of the above to make money/make an impact?
Remember, finding your purpose is a process and these questions aren’t going to give you an answer the minute you are done answering the questions. Continue to think about them. Be curious, creative, and follow inspiration.
Love yourself, you deserve it!