Negative thoughts–we have so many of them, don’t we? Especially about ourselves. But you know, thoughts aren’t always facts. We just assume because we think something, it must be true. If we take the time to actually examine our negative thoughts, we would discover that most of them are NOT true!
How do you go about this? It starts with awareness. Notice when you are feeling down, anxious, etc., and identify what you were just thinking.
Write your negative thought down.
Challenge your thoughts.
- What is the best thing that could happen?
- What is the worst thing that could happen?
- What is the most likely thing to happen?
Check for evidence.
- What is the evidence for my thought?
- What is the evidence against my thought?
- Can I find any exceptions to my thought?
Put things in perspective.
- For example: Instead of thinking “Why does this always happen to me?” think instead “This is just one bad day.”
Having realistic, positive thoughts is so much nicer than believing your negative, automatic thoughts! Let me help you change your thoughts–contact me today.
Love yourself, you deserve it!